- Position description: The troop historian preserves troop photographs, news stories, trophies, flags, scrapbooks, awards, and other memorabilia.
- Reports to: The assistant senior patrol leader
- Historian duties: •Gathers pictures and facts about troop activities and keeps them in a historical file or scrapbook. •Takes care of troop trophies, ribbons, and souvenirs of troop activities. •Keeps information about former members of the troop. •Sets a good example. •Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform. •Lives by the Scout Oath and Law. •Shows Scout spirit.
In the position within Troop 301, our “scrapbook” is the “Historian’s Corner”on the troop website. The troop historian is required to take or gather pictures from every troop event in each month and prepare those pictures with a brief discription of what happened at the event and any key points from that event. The presentation must be submitted to the Webmaster or Scoutmaster at the PLC of the following month (DEADLINE) or as often as after each event. In addition, the Historian is responsible for the slide presentations at Family Night and the Pasta Dinner during the year.
- Must update the bulletin board with the calendar and all upcoming event details.
- Displays/presents current events and news items on scouting and our troop when available