Leave No Trace TRAINER
LEAVE NO TRACE TRAINER
- Position description: Specializes in teaching Leave No Trace principles (* Requires 16 hour training class from a council trainer)
- Reports to: The assistant senior patrol leader & Leave No Trace ASM
- Leave No Trace duties: • Teaches Leave No Trace principles and ensuring that the troop follows these principles on outings• He can also help Scouts earn the Leave No Trace award • Sets a good example. • Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform. • Lives by the Scout Oath and Law. • Shows Scout spirit.
- Must present some portion of the principles of LNT at least once a month.
- Responsible for garbage separation at campouts/events and at least daily proper garbage removal. (Note that refuse removal is on an “as needed” basis and the minimum is every evening but if it is full, it needs to be taken care of right away)
- Must lead the police lines at campouts and after troop meetings.
- Instructs on LNT principles appropriate for and at all campouts
Note: As LNT you are NOT the “garbage man” but rather the scout responsible for the “management of natural and man-made resources”. The LNT officer does not need to do all the movement of refuse himself but he is responsible to make it happen.