- Position description: The chaplain’s aide works with the troop chaplain to meet the religious needs of Scouts in the troop. He also works to promote the religious emblems program.
- Reports to: The assistant senior patrol leader
- Chaplain aide duties: •Assists the troop chaplain with religious services at troop activities. •Tells Scouts about the religious emblem program for their faith. •Makes sure religious holidays are considered during the troop program planning process. •Helps plan for religious observance in troop activities. •Sets a good example. •Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform. •Lives by the Scout Oath and Law. •Shows Scout spirit.
- Researches religious events for announcement at the next meeting
- Provides prayers for meals on campouts
- Provide a meaningful closing quote for meetings
- Provides a closing prayer at campouts