Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
ASSISTANT SENIOR PATROL LEADER
- Position description: The assistant senior patrol leader is the second highest-ranking youth leader in the troop. He is appointed by the senior patrol leader with the approval of the Scoutmaster. The assistant senior patrol leader acts as the senior patrol leader in the absence of the senior patrol leader or when called upon. He also provides leadership to other youth leaders in the troop.
- Reports to: The senior patrol leader
- Assistant senior patrol leader duties: •Helps the senior patrol leader lead meetings and activities. •Runs the troop in the absence of the senior patrol leader. •Helps train and supervise the troop scribe, quartermaster, instructor, librarian, historian, and chaplain’s aide. •Serves as a member of the patrol leaders’ council. •Sets a good example. •Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform. •Lives the Scout Oath and Law. •Shows Scout spirit. •Lends a hand controlling the patrol and building patrol spirit. •Wears the uniform correctly.
- Checks progress on all positions reporting to him and reports to the SPL
- Helps run the meeting
- Supervises campouts and presentations (motivates scouts to stay attentive)