Summer camp attendees,
Below is a list of some popular merit badges given at Baiting Hollow the require PREREQUISTES.
This means you have to do these requirements before you get there or you will get an incomplete and no badge until you finish them.
Be warned that most of the prerequisits take days and sometimes weeks to complete. PLAN AHEAD and start NOW!!!
Must be 12 years old or older for – Lifesaving, Archery, Rifle or Wilderness Survival
Must be 13 years old or older for – Climbing or Shotgun Shooting
Must be 14 years old or older for – BSA Lifeguard
Must be 16 years old or older for – Motorboating (or have Safe Boater’s License)
All aquatics require that you pass the swim test as a BLUE swimmer
Assorted merit badges:
- Citizenship in the Nation – Need req. #2 plus must be enrolled in Island Venture Program
- Personal Fitness – Req. #1a, 1b, 6, 7, 8 plus must be enrolled in Island Venture Program
- Public Speaking – Must be enrolled in Island Venture Program
- Bird Study – Req. # 5, 6, 7, 8
- Energy – Req. # 4, & 6
- Environmental Science – Req. # 3f
- Fish & Wildlife Management – Req. # 5, 8
- Fishing – Req. # 7, Must have own gear, Must have earned Totin’ Chip to fillet a fish.
- Forestry – Req. # 5, 7
- Oceanography – Req. #7
- Reptile and Amphibian Study – Req. #8 &
Scout Craft Badges:
- Camping – Req. # 4b, 5e, 9a, 9b
- Cooking – Good idea to start menus ahead of time, Req. # 3, 5, 7
- Emergency Preparedness – Req. # 1, 2c
- First Aid – Req. #2d
- Geocaching – Req. # 7, 8, 9
- Orienteering – Bring compass if you have one, Req. # 7
- Pioneering – Req. # 6, 7
- Wilderness Survival – Req. #5 (If you built a shelter at Indian Island it fulfills Req. 8.)