We have an important change of plans for the upcoming Washington DC trip:
There were not enough people signed up to make a bus trip feasible. So we need to drive.
We have been able to secure a cabin at the BSA National Capitol Area Council’s Camp William B. Snyder which is in Haymarket, VA for the same weekend. The cabin accommodates a maximum of 34 people, but unfortunately we cannot accommodate families in the cabin. While families are still welcomed to join the troop touring the monuments and museums, individual families will need to make arrangements for their own overnight accommodations. There are a number of hotels within 10 miles of Haymarket, VA advertising at $60 per night and up.
· Friday 3/23 evening: Carpool to VA. We will stay overnight at Camp Wm. B. Snyder Friday night.
· Saturday 3/24: We will get a fresh start on DC. Parking near the National Mall can be a problem, so we may drive only to the Vienna Metro station (30 minutes from camp) and take the DC Metro directly to the Federal Triangle or Smithsonian stops to start our tour. We’ll leave downtown DC around 5 for the trip back to Camp WBS.
· Saturday 3/24 evening: We will spend the night in the Camp WBS cabin.
· Sunday 3/25: We set out to Dulles airport to tour the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center
· Sunday 3/25 afternoon: Carpool back to Saint James
More information will be available at the next troop meeting.